Saturday, January 7, 2012

Turbo Jam: First Half

I'm presently doing the Advanced Rotation of Turbo Jam Basic set, meaning I had bought Turbo Jam alone not Turbo Jam and Turbo Jam Elite.  With Turbo Jam Elite the schedule seems much more demanding, or at least it adds variety.

What am I doing now?  I may have already written this, but week one of Turbo Jam was Learn & Burn, 20 minute Cardio, Cardio Party (~40minutes), 20 Minutes Cardio, Cardio Party, 20 minutes, Rest and then Punch, Kick & Jam.  Week 2 starts right in with Cardio Party, 20minute workout + Ab Jam, Cardio Party, 20 minute workout + Ab Jam, Cardio Party, Rest and then Punch, Kick & Jam.  Today is Punch, Kick and Jam.

I'm trying to get back on track with calories, which should be much easier now that Christmas, New Years, and Pete's birthday are all over.  I've been stable since November, which is good given the over whelming number of calories I can eat in a day.  For instance yesterday I clocked in around 2400 calories and had a 400 calorie workout.  The day before I ate at least 2200 calories and didn't work out, because it was Pete's birthday and would kind of be weird if I was like "ok I'm going to ignore you for exercise."

I have two weeks of Turbo Jam and then I'm doing the last 6 weeks of P90X starting with Week 7.  After that I'd like to go onto Turbo Fire, which seems crazy, but I think super fun.  I want to focus on some cardio for awhile since I'd like to increase my cardio capacity.  Which P90X doesn't really even the schedule is more cardio in the lean version really still isn't...so I may add the 20 minute Turbo Jam Cardio workout to the sculpting heavy nights to help keep it up while finishing the last phase of P90X.

So for the next couple of weeks I'll be finishing up Turbo Jam and focusing on getting back to a good calorie intake, which Turbo Jam recommends a net of 1300-1500 per day.  I have noticed that my heart rate stays high after finishing Turbo Jam unlike the P90X videos.  It is interesting you watch the infomercials about how Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are designed to keep you burning calories throughout a 24hr period and I think they actually might.

No comments:

Post a Comment