Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 3 in the Books

Week #3 is in the books.  My favorite is KenpoX, it is super fast I don't need extra warm-up and you burn a ton of calories.  In fact I am sitting on the couch, the morning after, and my tooshy is still tired.

This coming week is a recovery week, and it probably is well timed.  My food this past week was up and down, I was STARVING half of the days and so it was hard to stay on the path.  I may have lost half of a pound (my scale doesn't do anything but whole pounds and was confused as to what weight I was this morning), but as of now there was no weight loss this past week.  I also wanted steak, which I never want when I'm not at the end of my cycle (yes I went there, it happens).  I am pretty sure I started to put on muscle.  I'm starting to see some changes in my back an my tricep area.  I don't see any changes in my middle or legs, but this is not surprising. 

I did notice an improvement in Ab Ripper X.  I added a towel under my butt because balancing on my tooshy hurts, like actually hurts in the tail bone.  This helped a lot, so I am not distracted by what my butt feels like and can just get on with exercising.  I am now doing all the in-outs and actually tried a couple with my arms up.  If I do them with my arms up I am toasted for the rest of abs, so well, I'm not putting my arms up.  I also have now gotten more than half of the mason twists at the end, which is a great improvement over the 10 I did the first time.  I also am thankful for the "break" of full sit-ups since I can do those and at least feel like I'm doing something right.

This coming week is recovery week #1 which means I'm 1/3 of the way done!  How quickly this goes.

So: Monday = YogaX, Tuesday = Core Synergistics, Wednesday = KenpoX, Thursday = X-Stretch, Friday = CardioX, Saturday = YogaX and Sunday = X-Stretch.  This means I have to be really careful about what I eat since I won't be burning 500 calories a day, well I will on Tuesday and Wednesday.  The rest of the days I'll be burning about 150calories or well, 4 like I do during X-stretch.  I won't be adding the walking I have been adding to my workouts, I'm just going to "recover." 

Pete and I are dancing on top of this.  Tuesday nights are salsa, which I wore my heart rate monitor one night and burned 200 calories in an hour.  Now this is not overly exciting, but if you burn 500 calories in the morning and then 200 more...you gotta be careful.  We're adding ANOTHER dance class Wednesday night, though it is an intro class to discuss our wedding song so I don't expect it to add any calorie burning, but it will once those lesson's start.  It is possible that I am not eating enough, though my work day is incredibly sedentary.  I work my heart rate monitor and my morning routine + work = 60 calories.  If I add a walk mid day I add about 100 calories, so I am a lightly active person, but if I don't walk at lunch I am, well, not. 

I have been subtracting about 80 calories off of what I burn during my exercising to compensate for my lack of caloric burn during the day.  So we'll see.  With the 2 evening dance classes in the future I'll probably stop subtracting those calories on those days.

Here's to Phase II!!


No comments:

Post a Comment